Monday, July 29, 2013

Homemade

We have been having fun with several home projects this summer. Brian randomly decided to make a table on July 4th. He said- I can do this WITHOUT Ana White! And he sure did. 


When we entertain in summer we need room for food and we were tired of crappy plastic tables.

Doesn't it look beautiful? It took him like an hour. So easy.

Later that day full of great food.

This weekend he stained the table and wow, it looks even better. I love it! Thanks Bear!

Last weekend we decided we better start preparing for baby girl. I made two crib blankets and Brian made bunk beds for the biggest boys.


Now I am NOT a seamstress! If any professional looked closely they would not be impressed! I have made quilts for my nieces and sister and I think I am slowly improving. I did the 9 block disappearing square design and loved it! It looks complicated but isn't and is very quick 
It is a quilt with Minky dot on the back. I am a bit obsessed with Minky dot. All of my children now have Minky dot blankets. 

This is the start of the beds.
This second blanket is more like what I envision my nursery theme... Whatever that means! It's a classic shabby chic look?

The boys had a great time painting their bodies with chalk. They really love each other. 
The bed is all together.
The bed is sanded and stained.

The beds are finished! I guess this means the boys are officially sharing a room.

I think we will leave the mismatched bedding for a while!

I am soooo proud of Brian. We wanted full over full bunk beds and they were outrageously priced at the stores! He took on the responsibility, drew up some plans in his head, and voila! Homemade bunk beds with the perfect rustic feel for waaaayyyy cheaper! Way to go!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment