Saturday, November 26, 2011

Going Home Soon

Well, just wanted to update any potential readers that things are going very well. Benton has done an outstanding job as a preemie. We received word that he will be circumcised on Sunday and I will "room in" at the hospital Sunday and Monday night. If he continues to do well for those 2 days, then we will go home on Tuesday. For Friday and Saturday I have nursed him 5 out of his 8
feeds. He has gained over an ounce each day- which is HUGE. He has also been sleeping in a crib vs. the awful isollette box. He is like a real baby now, lol.


Nan just left. The boys had a fantastic time playing with her. It was a busy week b/c I was up at the hospital nursing or pumping most of the time, but it was also a slow week b/c the boys were sick. She did a great job taking care of them and although she was sad to leave, I think she will be happy to get some rest. They take up so much energy! Anyhow, we were really, really glad she was able to come.
As for me, I am doing quite well. Things had been very up and down but they have been up for a while now. I can't help but be encouraged that Benton is doing so well. My goal was to be home by December 1st (which would have been the end of my bed rest) and it looks like we will beat that. I am feeling so so so much better physically. The c-section took a toll on me in many ways but I am feeling almost normal. I just have to know my limitations.

God has provided so tremendously for us. I can't express how blessed we are by the people here in North Dakota. Over and over we are getting visitors (who have to drive 100MILES) and mail and meals and money. I forgot that people give you money when you have a baby! It has been so encouraging. I was excited to take Benton to Dickinson to meet my Nodak friends and then I realized.... almost all my friends have come up already. There are a couple he has left to meet, but for the most part- they have all met him. It warms my heart.

A lot of people have asked about our Thanksgiving. They made a turkey at the Ronald McDonald house and then TX Roadhouse catered in the sides. Here are some pics. It was a good meal, but I don't think we relized it was Thanksgiving. Our minds were just in different places and it snuck up on us.


Thanks for all your calls and thoughts and prayers. We are doing very well and will be so happy to be home! Life is so much easier for Baker and Beau at home. I am excited to make a nursery. This is our first child to come home from the hospital to his very own room. How lucky is he! Anyways, I will keep updating but thanks for all the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment