Oh I feel like there is so much to blog about. I get a little overwhelmed when I wait too long to blog so I am just going to lay it all out in this blog.
#1. We moved to our new home. We love it. I will post pics when/if it ever gets put together. If you remember my previous post on the house I was not too excited but I am loving all of it. The best thing of course being crushed ice and water in the fridge door. WOO HOO. The kitchen is our favorite room.
#2. Things have been changing in the kitchen. 3 weeks ago we signed up for meal time makeover. Basically a website that tells you exactly what to cook for the week and exactly what to buy at the grocery store. Brian's idea, I was reluctant but its AWESOME. I didn't know I could make such beautiful meals. Highlights being eggs Benedict, Greek tilapia, and chicken Parmesan over lasagna Florentine. I provided a picture b/c it was def the most attractive food I have made, although I don't think the picture does it justice.
#3. I am going to Dallas this weekend to spend some time with some of my girlfriends from high school. We made a pact to see get together once a year and its time. 2 of us are in ND, 3 are in TX, and 1 is still in OK. I am looking forward to getting away from the testosterone that surrounds me. I am not complaining. I love them all.... but a girl needs some margin!! Plus, I will be able to go shopping, and all I can say about that is THANK YOU JESUS. Seriously though. Oh... I miss the south. It's just different up here.
#4. The weather has so improved here. On Sunday it was 57degrees. Again, Praise the Lord. You can't imagine how this eases our pain of missing Oklahoma. When its nice here... its like something I have never seen. There can be absolutely no wind, so calm and quiet and peaceful. It's great. Most of the snow has finally melted, we can see grass again!! One sad part we hadn't realized was Beau has never sat and played in the grass. Baker LOVED being outside and getting dirty and poor Beau just hasn't had the opportunity and when we gave it to him on Sunday, he wasn't too happy. Maybe in OK.
#5. I retract my statement about people in ND not having style. I am sorry. There is a shower of people here who have GREAT style. I happened to copy one of her outfits, or at least half of it and she said- Becky- you better blog about this and tell everyone that you copied someone from ND's style. So, I confess.
#6. Last but not least about the saga. If you aren't into you should probably stop here b/c you will make fun of me like I did to others before I fell into the trap. Friday night was one of the funnest nights we have had in a while. Usually we go to the mall to entertain ourselves and maybe eat out. So.. we did and ate at Subway and had a jolly good time. We had been waiting oh so eagerly for Saturday to come b/c that is when "New Moon" was to be released on DVD or to rent. I mean, we were really counting down. I had already reserved a copy at the movie store. Brian decided it couldn't wait til Saturday so at midnight I went Walmart with 25 other teeny boppers and bought "New Moon". We actually stayed up til 3am watching it. But it was great. It was nice to see that we can still be spontaneous and ignore the fact that we had 2 children that would be awake early in the morning.
So... I was totally team Edward (which I can't believe I am bloggin about this but I have to) until I watched the movie and..... didn't like Edward in the movie and switched to team Jacob. I was so surprised but really... they make Edward look.. pretty much awful and Jacob well...I am not going to say anything about that! I think Brian likes Jacob, but you know... he can't actually pick a side b/c he is a boy. Anyways, I think we made it a couple hours on Saturday before I had to get "Eclipse." It's finished. I loved it. It was so funny and I am back on Team Edward. I haven't bought the last one yet. I am going to read Twilight during my weekend travels b/c I want to know what the movie left out.
We are calming down though. I told Brian we have to finish so we can get over this. I seriously, I mean seriously- wonder how in the world does something grab your attention like this- something FICTION? I am baffled and feel a bit guilty. I don't read fiction usually but I love reading. Anyways, my sister says it ends with everyone happy and I should have some good resolution so I am looking forward to that. Its def the best entertainment that we have had in a while. Better than most all the movies we watch. I am surprised at how quickly the clock ticks while I am reading.
Anyways I hope Jacob finds his imprint and thanks for telling me that I am not the only one who fell under this curse. I was quite surprised to know how many of you are hooked also.
Talk to you later.
I love your updates! Sounds like you guys are doing well! I am still praying that you guys find great friends there. I know how hard it is moving so far from everyone and everything you know. Have fun in Dallas!!!!
ReplyDeleteGO team Edward...haha we are such dorks... if only we were 10 years younger it would be so cool... haha. Oh well, as long as we are enjoying life... right??? :) Talk to ya soon, God Bless! Can't wait for Apirl!
ReplyDeleteTEAM JACOB HERE!!!
ReplyDeleteGREAT post...I loved catching up on your life :) what is the website for the weekly meals? sounds amazing...we are getting tired of pasta around here!
ReplyDelete