Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ebb and Flow






I know most people blog about their kids, but for a little while longer I need to blog about Brian and I. We go through serious ups and downs with our attitude. One day it's awesome up here and the next it's "if I ever get back to Oklahoma gonna nail my feet to the ground!" I suppose that is true with any area of life but I think we are finally entering a buckle down and dig some freaking roots stage!!!!!!!!

We have been feeling so sorry for ourselves and doing too much questioning which was not from the Lord. We needed a serious breath of fresh air. We have gone on 3 dates this month which is huge--- all of which Brian planned. My favorite was our Valentines date. A long, big city steak dinner with desert and all. He got me 14k white gold hoops and I love them. It was an extremely wonderful gift. I have attached pics of all that. So, things were slowly improving just b/c we had alone time that didn't include after bedtime but we still didn't really hang out with others so the weekend could get seriously boring!

Last night we went to API's 13th Annual Gumbo cookoff. It was a really big deal, half the town came. It looked like Bourbon Street at the Quality Inn. You can see from the pics how serious these people are about their decor. It lasted from 10am- well into the night. We didn't stay all night as our agenda was different from others but we had a good time and we are making better friendships.

Anyways, the whole point of my blog was to say tonight we went to Jenni's birthday party and we had a wonderful time. We have met people and that is good, but we haven't had a rip roaring time where we laugh and talk deep and stuff like that. The good stuff. This is such an encouragement to us. The message at church today was like straight for Brian and I about trusting God to accomplish His purposes through our circumstances. We are here for a reason!

"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10

Lastly, I have to give 2 shoutouts. One to Kel- I had no idea you read the blog. I am so glad you do. I am also glad you are able to update my maid of honor concerning the events or non-events of my life. Also to Tom and Sharon, I can only imagine what you all think sometimes when you read this, but seriously- I think we will be lifetime friends and I am glad you are able to keep up!

1 comment:

  1. I love your Jason Boland reference! :) I'm a little jealous of the gumbo cookoff!!! And I love that you guys are getting to have Becky & Brian time. Lastly, I love that you are choosing to trust the Lord.

    Love the masks!

    ReplyDelete