Everyone knows I am highly opinionated. This is a place I can give my opinion to only those who choose to hear it. It's perfect!
So, we have been going to this thing at church called "The Truth Project". It is a video lecture series put out by Focus on the Family. I would describe it as philosophical debates about creation, our origin, the existence of God, the cosmos, science and other very interesting topics. It sounded very boring to me and I actually didn't think I would learn anything but Brian and I have loved it and I have learned so much that I really can't believe I didn't know before. Anyways, if it is offered at your church I would recommend it!
Secondly, is a short book by Jackie Mize called "Prayers and Promises for SUPERNATURAL CHILDBIRTH". I have been wanting to blog about this book since I read it in late December. I have been hesitant b/c it could come off as highly controversial but dang it- I believe it and I going with the Power next time I am pregnant (Lord willing). I have never known so many pregnant people in my life, so it has been heavy on my heart for some time now. It was introduced to me by my friend Laurel whom some of you know. Her and her husband were good friends with Brian and I in college. One of those situations where we were all friends before any of us dated our spouses and for a minute there we had a backwards love triangle. It's really funny looking back. Anyways... the Hanson's are ... different than they were in college. In college, or even after for a while we were the same but they have grown to a differnt spiritual place. They asked for more of the Lord and they got it. Their relationship with Him is characterized by full and complete trust. They changed and it was so obvious to me the last time I saw them and talked to them. They have recently moved to the Middle East for Jeff's job. I mean, who could do that if they weren't walking with the Lord? So, Laurel introduced me to the book and after hearing/reading her birth story I was like.. you have something I don't.That is NOTHING like my experience. Here is the link if you are interested, but I warn you... it's not like what most of us experienced... or I sure don't think so
http://sovereignvictory.blogspot.com/2009/10/long-time-coming.html
I am not even kidding when I say the concepts of this book changed my life. Seriously. I can't have another pregnancy like the last one. I have nothing to loose. Mind you, I was in a hell of a lot of pain!
The crux of the book, and what I believe to be the meaning behind the Hanson's blog title is found in Galatians 3:13,14,29
"Christ redeem us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit."
" If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."
I think the testimonies in the book speak for themselves. Let me know what you think if you read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment