Sunday, February 7, 2010

Baker's Birthday!











Saturday was Baker's 2nd birthday and here are some photos of our fun day. First, he has marshmallows for breakfast, b/c they are his new favorite thing. Then he and daddy went to the pool. Baker loves to swim so he had been anxiously awaiting his bday so he could go to the pool. Then we went to Applebee's for lunch, not b/c he wanted to but b/c we had a gift certificate. Then it was nap time. After nap we had a "party". Brian and I worked hard on conforming our dining room to a party room. Baker didn't really seem to notice though. He loved the balloons. We did a lot of skyping and opening presents. I was very upset b/c he didn't eat his cake that I worked so hard on but I am over it! Then we had pizza for dinner which is maybe his 2nd favorite.

Brian was a little sad b/c we had no guests and he wasn't sure if Baker felt special but I am certain he had fun. His 1st birthday was about as good as they get so it wasn't good for comparison. The hardest part was trying to video and get pics and enjoy the show. Thanks Tim for taking care of all that last year! He really loves to open presents. He is enjoying his desk and we are very glad to watch some new Barney videos. Geez I was sick of the ones we had!

Anyways, life is good, just wanted to share some pics.

4 comments:

  1. That pool looks like a ton of fun! It sounds like despite not having friends and family close by, you all did a wonderful job making his day very special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Baker!!! He's so cute and grown up... And that pool is awesome to have in the blizzardy weather up there.

    I thought you'd like to know when I typed pool the first time, I typed poop. I thought it'd be best to change it, but I still wanted to tell you because it's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that Baker felt very celebrated! It looks like a blast!!! that pool looks like so much fun. happy birthday baker! we love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry I missed hisB-day!!! happy birthday. love that pool area so fun!

    ReplyDelete