Have you seen the Lowe's commercials? "Never stop improving". They are pretty funny usually, but I find the slogan annoying. This past month we have spent soooo much time improving and I am ready to be finished! We haven't worked on our house in at least a year and with an impending birth we had some changes to make. We also spruced up the outside a bit. So here are our changes. Its fun to look back and remember spaces so I wanted to take the time to document these days.












I am not interested in breaking the bank to decorate my home, especially seeing as its technically the bank's home anyway! I do however want it to be warm, inviting, comfortable, PEACEFUL, clean, and reflect the beauty of The Lord. We love opening our home and I want it to be a safe place for our family and friends. Life takes maintanence and its not always fun, but it needs to be done. We have a couple of other projects to finish up and then I plan on taking a major break from improving!
Outside we extended and stained the deck. By we I mean Brian and Baker. He wants to be a construction man when he grows up.
For whatever reason we made our deck short of the fence years ago and it was time to fix it.
This is the largest carrot I've ever grown. I'm just throwing it in so you can see deck stained.
We also painted the outside doors red. That was a much larger task than we planned on.
Inside we finally moved Benny upstairs.
To a big boy bed!
We also finally purchased an armoir for the boys to share. It was made in 1969, which to me says it will last longer than most things made in 2006. I love consignment shopping!
I realize no one will be "pinning" these photos, lol, but it's fun to see.
It took major organizing to fit the boys into one room and two closets with all their toys. Don't be fooled, this is not the before picture. It's the after. I am not a decorator or perfectionist so getting it done is usually good for me.
Last but certainly not least, I finished one corner of the nursery. This has been so much fun! I had many items from when I "knew" Benny was a girl so it's been easy and super cheap. Anything we bought was on clearance and everything else was DIY.
I made the bed quilt and the one on the left hanging up. The other was made by my great great grandmother. I love it. The roses are from Brian to me on our 7th anniversary while I was prego with her. Then I have baby pics of Brian and I from Baker's baby shower, an empty frame, and a sonogram frame.
I'm sure you can tell that I made the mobile. It's a work in progress as it won't hang straight right now. I also got the quilting hoops at our local thrift store for like $5 all together and just used scrap fabric from her blankets. I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out.
It all looks awesome! I love how her room is coming together! You can tell so much thought and love has gone into it. I also love the red front door, it's so you!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on that deck! I am seriously so impressed - I want a deck so badly!
ReplyDeleteLittle girl's crib area looks so cute :)