Monday, September 23, 2013

What you've been waiting for!

  Well here is the nursery, as finished as it will be for now. I would like to add some detail to the bottom of the curtains and make a new bed skirt but other than that she is finished. 
This is the "other" view that I hadn't yet....revealed, lol. This dresser used to hold the basement flat screen Brian won at a golf tournament. The rocker was given to me my by our neighbors. I did my best to recover it. It's one of the many "don't look too close" projects. 
Before and after
You can also see the diaper bag that I spent more money than usual on. We will see if it was worth it. It was an eBay splurge but ITS PINK and I am excited to carry it. 
Here we have a lamp, which was also a Hobby Lobby splurge and the one piece of art we purchased from Whitefish, Montana. I tend to go a bit overboard with wreaths and she just had to have one. This will also be a changing table, but I keep forgetting to buy a changing pad. 

Then I made this bow hanger thing. I didn't have a place to store them all and although this probably isn't the best solution, it works and was very cheap. 
I also made a cork board for special notes... Not sure I am digging it but we will see. 

So there it is. I know you have been checking the blog constantly in anticipation of my mad design skills. To quote Brian, " I don't know what a girl's nursery is suppose to look like, but it looks good to me." I don't know either, but we are rolling with it. 










2 comments:

  1. I'm not family and I love your post. Even though I see you all the time I still learn new things from your posts! I LOVE her bedroom, such fun colors and so girly! I think the dresser looks awesome in there too. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that you and baby girl are being prayed for! I went to the same schools with Brian growing up and get updates when I run into his mom at the gym :) So excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete