Mothers day weekend is one of my most favorite holidays of the year. Second only to the 4th of July and thanksgiving. It's probably my favorite b/c Brian makes it all about me, lol. We somehow came up with this plan that on mothers day weekend I get to choose what we do and eat all weekend and the same is true for fathers day. I am guessing we prob came up with this considering we rarely see our own parents on these respective days and the key to not getting too home sick is to STAY BUSY!
So we started the weekend out with a trip to the quaint Medora for a rib cook off. It was just a wonderful day to be roaming around the town and hang out with friends. Brian also built my garden and has been working very hard to beautify our backyard. It's a lot of work and I am grateful he is doing it.
Sunday we went to church, had a nice lunch, nap, and several skype calls which are always nice. We were even able to Skype with my nieces, who thanks to their wonderful mother for constantly showing them my picture, they not only recognized me but were very happy to see me. Brian also made breakfast while I slept in on Saturday. Oh how I love sleep. He woke me to biscuits and sausage gravy. Baker proclaimed Brian "the best biscuit maker ever". I usually makes homemade ones but apparently our children prefer pillsbury!
I also bought a really cute dress with my mothers day money and so I regress from my last blog. My husband assures me that is what I should have done with it although I certainly toiled over the decision for some time.
Brian and I have wonderful mothers who both miss us dearly. We are glad they were able to be with at least one of their children this weekend.
I also love my boys dearly. They can be serious pains sometimes but we are truly blessed to have them. They are healthy and happy and the older I get I see how that is not always the case. We are really looking forward to sharing them with our parents soon. They bring so much joy to our lives.
Soon we will be off to Oklahoma to see friends and family and we are so excited. The weather finally feels like summer here, our favorite season in ND. We are so excited to see what it brings.











No comments:
Post a Comment