Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Benton

Enough blogging about me, I think it is Benton's turn. Benton is doing very well! He is a healthy and happy baby. He is 10 weeks old and probably weighs 10lbs. During December he had some major gas issues and was still getting up every 3 hrs at night, but his tummy problems seem to be gone.


The best news I have to say about him is how well he is sleeping. He can go 7hrs at night without eating! Yeah! My goal here is for him to sleep 12hrs at 12 weeks. I am not sure we will get there but I am pleased nonetheless. So, for his 12 hr period, he still wakes up twice but that is so much better than it used to be. The only real issue is that he thinks bedtime is between 9:30 and 10:30. The best bedtime would be around 8:00 but then that would mean I would get up at 2:00am and 5:00 am, instead of just 5:30 and 8:30. Obviously, I want to get in all the sleep I can but we are going to have to do something soon.

He is also doing a pretty good job falling asleep on his own, which is a huge relief!! As much as I love to rock him, I can't spend half my day downstairs while my other 2 doing who knows what upstairs. He is also finally awake during the day. He can focus his eyes on you and we have even seen a couple of smiles. All these things probably sound silly if you don't have kids, but they are big milestones for us.

Motherhood is a lot less stressful the third time around. Poor Baker, he gets the experimental parenting on all topics: sleeping, discipline, dental hygiene. Hopefully none of his scars are permanent. I think as a first time mother you second guess yourself a lot and I feel much more confidence in taking care of this baby.
I made this bed skirt. It matches the fabric behind the letters. Its another one of those.... don't look too closely items b/c.... well... it was my first time and one of those projects that I just wanted to get done.


On a different note, old man winter has arrived. As I type, it 12degrees below zero. Needless to say, I won't be leaving my house! Not even to go to the Rebox. I also managed to become a blond today. I tried to lighten my hair and I guess I kept the dye on toooooo long. I am not sure what to do about it.... wash it a lot, leave it, or make it darker again. The only real problem is that is looks cheap, which it was. I haven't been this blond since I was a little girl.

We will see. Baker and Beau love it! Beau said it looks like his hair now-lol. It will take quite a bit of courage to go in public, but since it is so cold... we may not being doing that for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment