Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Carpe Diem

If I ever understood the phrase "Carpe Diem"- seize the day- it is now. Spring comes about once a week here, even though there is nothing budding or growing. So, when we get a nice sunny day we HAVE to stop what we were doing or whatever was planned and just be outside. I will never again take for granted the opportunity to BE OUTSIDE!


This Mother's Day weekend was beautiful weather! We spent all morning on Saturday outside and all afternoon on Sunday outside. Our church had a kids 1mile fun run and an adult 5K. Baker and Brian both participated. It was so so fun for me to watch. Baker didn't quite "run" the entire time, but he finished the ENTIRE MILE. And if you ask him- he won. It was great. Then Brian decided to run the 5K. It too was a beautiful race that was about 90%heart and maybe 10% talent. Brian did such a great job. I am so proud of him- even just for trying really. Anyways, then we had lunch at the park.







Brian is a really great giver. All of the weekend was devoted to what I wanted to do. I am not sure how he stood it. LOL. So, he cooked breakfast twice and I got to choose the restaurants we ate at- which basically meant I chose the places I love and he hates b/c that would be the only time we would go there. It was fun, and not too painful for him.




Then on Sunday after church we went hiking with our boys in the Badlands.
It was probably the best part of the weekend. The boys are getting so big and independent and it is just so refreshing to get out in nature. You can see the pics for themselves.

I am so grateful for Brian and how he loves me- still. Lord knows I am not the best, especially after a hard winter but I love him so much and he is doing an extraordinary job of showing me that he loves me too!





No comments:

Post a Comment