



Tonight we are having Red Quinoa and Black Bean Salad. Wow, that is a mouthful. Not to mention I had never heard of the word quinoa "keen-woa" before. Apparently it is a whole grain that you can find at your health food store, and apparently my little town has a health food store. Nothing of course compared to Whole Foods, but it will do, especially since... we don't eat anything organic.
So, Julie Beam introduced me to the Pioneer Woman blog
and I have been trying her recipes ever since. She is awesome! She has a great chicken spaghetti that Brian loves, we have used her salsa recipe and the best of all was her spicy shredded pork shoulder. It is so good (as my dad would put it) "I would order it at a restaurant". Tonight we are trying something on her website from "The Church Cook", whom I have never heard of. I should have guessed that it was not her recipe since it looks super healthy and not so comforting. I thought it looked beautiful though and so I had to write about it. You can see in the pictures how the quinoa goes from small brown balls to something that almost looks like an eye. We will see what Brian says. I tasted it before the dressing and it was delicious, but then the dressing was pretty strong. Hopefully its nothing a little Ranch, sour cream, or avacado can't fix.
Hope everyone is doing well! What are you having for dinner??? Mother???
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/salads/red-quinoa-and-black-bean-salad/?review_page=2#cr
Hey, Becky...try this: Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salsa--easy!
ReplyDelete1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1/2 finely chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
3 Tblsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
2 avocados, cubed
Mix it all together; serve with tortilla chips