Life is good. Summer has been great. I think this is the most adventurous summer we have had yet.
The boys have been changing a lot and I wanted to share some pics with everyone. We just passed Beau's due date, July 23rd and that is such a relief to me. He is walking, quite well I would add. He can say several words including- Mama, Dadda, Night Night, and I am pretty sure he can also say NO and up. He is delightful. Delightful is the perfect word. You know when he was first born we thought, how could we love anything as much as we love Baker, but it happens. We also thought how could he be as cute as Baker, but he is. We actually call him beautiful. It is just terrible how blind you might be as a parent. The boys are very different and yet all too similar.
Beau is honoree, just like Baker. He knows what he is not supposed to do and will do it anyways with a smile on his face. He too is opinionated. He learned very quickly how to throw a fit when he doesn't get his way. Its amazing how even the best of us are born sinners. Beau is a flirt. He doesn't know a stranger. He loves most people and certainly isn't afraid of invading their personal space. He has been such an easy baby and good sleeper, Thank you Lord!
Beau is tough and he is finally learning to defend himself. We thought this day would be much farther away but the time has come that he knows how to fight back. It seems now I am taking Beau off a crying Baker as much as I am taking Baker off a crying Beau. I can now say "get off your brother" and be talking to either of them.
We play this game at our house called "beat up". Baker will say "Beat up me daddy". The game has always consisted of Baker trying to beat up Brian and the two of them having some good male bonding. Well now Beau is in the game and he is viscous. I suspect that this whole time he has been on the side lines he has been taking notes! He will jump right in there and just go to attacking, except Beau likes to slap- HARD, which is not allowed in the rules of beat up, b/c it hurts. So Beau just walks in and slaps Brian in the face and then will jump on his belly like he is riding a horse. This kid is so proud of himself that finally he can get a piece of daddy. Within seconds though Beau has forgotten the game and is inevitably cuddling Brian. He is a major cuddler and he actually gives hugs. In the morning when I get him out of bed he will actually squeeze me. Its nice, to say the least.
So some of the pics I posted are of Beau playing beat up with Baker, which doesn't last long b/c like I said, Baker can get hurt. I hope you can see the intensity and joy on Beau's face. These boys are really starting playing together so well. My days have become a bit boring b/c I have less and less entertaining to do. They will wrestle together at least twice a day and Baker has been letting Beau "work" with him. On Tuesday I said, "Baker we have to go to the store" and he said, "No, I'm working, Beau working too!". You can't help but laugh at that stuff. So, their favorite working activities which are of highest importance to Baker are sitting under the desk and "screwing" things into it and then hiding in the closet. Now, this one makes me nervous, especially when they are quiet but somehow Baker has convinced Beau to just go sit with him in the closet. Baker gets pretty upset if for some reason Beau won't go into the closet. Baker is also very considerate of Beau. If Baker gets a junior mint or a marshmallow for going potty he will ALWAYS ALWAYS tell me- "Beau want one too". Anything I give Baker, Beau want one too. It surprises me but I am glad Baker cares for him. The other day when I went to go lay Beau down for his morning nap Baker said- "No, Beau stay wake!" They are buds! At this point in life the age gap (15 months) is totally paying off. I thought it wouldn't be til they were 4 and 5 but 1 and 2 is working out pretty well.
Beau is also completely fearless. He loves any kind of animal, will jump from any height, and thinks he is old enough for a bike with training wheels. The other day they were outside and when I joined them Beau was on Baker's bike (which is actually for a 3year old). He had climbed up on his own and was turning the handle bars like he was driving. You can see the pic. Again, he was very proud of himself.
Beau also likes to play peek-a-boo, but he hides for at least one minute. I am not exaggerating here. He will have the blanket over himself for SO LONG! I am like- Beau, please come out now. It's very cute though. You can see this in the pic too.
Anyways, it has just been a nice summer. I will say more about that later but I am just so happy and thankful that the boys are getting along and enjoying each other. It was a very unexpected but pleasant surprise. We are very thankful for the both of them. Now if we can just get them a SISTER!
No comments:
Post a Comment