So, today was very productive and I want to blog about it. I have provided you with pictures of our home. First you will see the kitchen with the previous tenants decor. She liked blue walls and I like blue shirts! So we nixed that and went for a sage green via a recommendation. You can see our new dining room set. It is only the 2nd brand new thing we have bought together.. as in large home purchases. Which, it was still in the as is room, can't pay full price for something like that. Anyway, a couple of wweks back we painted the brass hardware. You may have to look close in the pics and it turned out wonderful and saved us a ton of $$$. Knobs are like $4.00 a piece and we have 54!!
So, notice the brass light fixture above the table--- today I changed that while Brian was at work! The Lord has blessed me and the rest of the Bartons with a lot of common sense. My dad's dad didn't finish 8th grade but he was the chief engineer at Circus Circus in Las Vegas until 1993. I am just saying I am trying to give God glory in my life and if can receive glory from my kitchen then that is what I am shooting for here. He certainly did NOT bless us all with common sense.
So, I turned off the correct breaker, disassembled the light fixtures, used some of Kara's excitement for spray paint and voila- new fixtures. I also fogged the glass. I am not sure if that is in style but I like it.
Putting it back together was a bit rough. I had to save that part for nap time, but guess what?? THE LIGHTS WORK!!! Seriously, this is a big deal-Praise the Lord b/c I am not an electrician. So-I think I may never do this again b/c it was a lot of work. my nails look terrible, and I bet my arms and shoulders are super sore tomorrow but I am glad its done. Brian isn't home yet so that will be the real test!!!
happy mother's day
WOW!!! I am so impressed! I seriously love your table, that's exactly the style I want! What a find--the Lord graciously provides :) So, what did you paint the gold over with?? I never would have thought of that~fabulous job, I'm sure Brian was blown away with your DIY-ness...
ReplyDeleteWAY TO GO BECKY!!! I am super proud of you! The changes look great!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the color you painted the light fixtures! I'm SO impressed! They look brand new.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't have even known where to start!
very impressive, how do you fog glass?
ReplyDelete