Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday week!




Today is one of my best friend's birthdays. She is 28 and currently 1800 miles away, but what does that matter? We met in Tulsa and bonded over our growing bellies and growing relationships with the Lord. We walked together, ate together, laughed together, cryed together, and wondered through motherhood together. I find it invaluable that are boys are the same age and I beg the Lord that (Lord willing) we can have the same timing with little girls. Our friendship grew very quickly but very strong. She can read me almost as good as Brian can. There is no hiding from her b/c she can pick up on even the slighest upset tone in my voice, even if its just over the phone.

For her last 2 birthdays we have been together. For her 26th we went camping with our 2 and 3 month olds- bad idea. We didn't last long due to allergies and well, just the technicalities of feeding newborns. It was hot! We went back to my house and had a party, that is what the pic of us is from. Then last year we went to the Shangri La cabins and had a blast in our luxurious condo (see pic of boys)!! It was also the first day I started having contractions and Beau was born 2 days later!

Probably one of my favorite things to do with Jessica is play games, at least if my husband is there too. I take it as a great compliment to my friends when Brian can completely be himself around them. And I am sure Jessica wishes he was a little less himself! We have had so much fun playing Monopoly or Bibleopoly! It sounds so silly, but we love it.

So Happy Birthday Jess! I am so sad that we can't be together this year but I am sure you will have lots of fun at the Biltmore.

I love you and I admire you and I miss you! You seriously spur me on to love and good deeds. I don't know what better can be said of a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment