Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Killdeer "Mountain"











So, I have taken the afternoon off to blog. You can see I have added several entries. This is about our first weekend in Dickinson. In the morning we went to an Auction, which was AWESOME. We got all this junk/stuff for pennies on the dollar. I loved it. They are really popular here.
Then in the afternoon we drove to Killdeer, ND. It's about 33 miles north. They have a "mountain" and national historic registered place. There was a battle there between the Calgary and Indians, Sitting Bull was even there. That was really cool to Brian. Anyhow, I think hundreds, maybe, of Sioux's escaped the massacre from the Americans through a thing called Medicine Hole. I guess it's like they slid down through the mountain. Anyhow we thought it sounded cool and decided to go see it.
It was a one mile hike but what the heck else were we going to do???????

So, Brian zipped Beau up in his jacket and Baker walked for like 5 steps and then I had to carry him. I originally thought it was a walking trail and we could use the stroller- not so. It took us a while. I thought so much of Tim and Kara while we were doing it. It is so something you all will do if Lord willing you procreate. We haven't stopped our adventures, we just have more luggage now.
Anyways, it was hard b/c they aren't light but it was worth the view. It was also really fun. We laughed a lot. We never found the medicine hole b/c it got too steep. It was great. You can Wickipedia medicine hole for more info

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful pics and stories!! It's nice to see what life is like up there. Miss you all!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that does sound like something we would like to do!! :) Way to live life on the wild side!!!

    ReplyDelete