Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Another New Year to resolve

  January is almost over so I am making a point to get my New Year's resolutions down... or out rather. "Where there is no vision, the people perish" Proverbs 29:18. I totally believe that.

I just went back and read my goals for 2013 and let's just say I sucked it up pretty bad, lol. Pretty bad. "Drink less Dr. Pepper"...total fail Becky, lol, total fail. Perhaps I should place these goals where I can see them. Anyways, on to 2014:

1. More grace. Grace and compassion are not things that come easy to me, but I am sure you already know this. I mostly need to extend grace to myself, aka let things go. 

2. Forget differences between myself and others. In my non-gracious, black and white personality it is very easy to become hung up on differences. I have seen this become a huge blockade in relationships. For whatever reason, I have mainly only strong opinions. Although I am sure there are topics I am indifferent on, I have plenty that get my blood boiling! Some people like this about me, but it can cause problems quickly. For example, so what if you eat a bag of gluten for breakfast because you think it makes you healthy? I don't care! Go for it sister! I certainly use to. So what if you borrow money to buy a coke and cookies from the 7-11 everyday? I use to. It's your money. I am not responsible for it. Or maybe you worship at the Common Core alter? Good for you...probably won't see you on the other side, lol. Just kidding...

I have to learn when to share my opinions and when to say "hey, we think differently but I still love you so much and I won't allow this to separate us." The real trial comes when you walk away. Can I let it go or am I going to let it simmer?

3. Go to bed with an empty sink and clean living room floor. This is major for me. I know many of you are dropping your jaws wondering how I could ever sleep with a sink full of dirty dishes? It's pretty easy. As I have "matured" though and expanded my family I have learned that it is definitely best for everyone if we wake up to a clean or rather "picked up" home. This one sucks because it takes work, everyday! We eat 3 meals at home everyday! That's a lot of dishes. It may be 9:30 bythe time  I get to the sink but that's okay. My new housework motto is "just do it". 

4. Have fun! Sometimes I can be way too serious. I want to laugh and enjoy life. I love fun and I want to have it!

That's it. We will see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Becky! Miss you tons! I don't think you are that serious! Good goals, I can get behind them all!

    ReplyDelete