Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Waiting Place

  Well we have arrived at 35 weeks. I honestly can't believe it. I also declare it a true miracle. We are soooo thankful that The Lord has allowed this baby to stay in thus far. We began the pregnancy with many opportunities for fear and none of them have come to fruition. We are so thankful.


I have been setting mini goals of how long to stay pregnant. It began with jog-a-thon, then Brian's birthday, then the next Saturday, and finally OCTOBER! I never expected to make it here but I am glad we did. 


Brian is amazing. I think he had a great birthday and I was so happy to celebrate him. He took off the afternoon from work and went hunting with Baker. I think it's always been something he wanted to do and only now has he had enough vacation left to do so. 
Now we are in "what I fear is the most useless place, the waiting place". My body has shown me many signs that lead us to believe we are down to days, no longer weeks. Every night we go to bed wondering if I will sleep or be awakened by contractions. But every night I sleep and wake up in the morning still pregnant. This is a good thing, but it's been much harder than I anticipated. We have never waited on a child. They ALL 3 surprised us, earlier than we expected. I now know what many other women experience. I have only been to the 3rd trimester once....I won't say it's my favorite place, but it sure beats the NICU.

When I have the energy I try to distract myself. Yesterday we received a box full of pink goodies from Nan and I decided the nursery needed some changes.

So I added onto the curtains. I have been deliberating for a while on what to add to them and I found this fabric at home and voila, I think it works.
I also changed the bed skirt. It changes the look from shabby chic to more modern, but it's a great fabric.
Also we now have two heirlooms in the nursery. You have seen the blanket from my great grandmother and now we have one from Brian's grandmother. She made it in 1984 for Brian who obviously turned out to be a boy. He never had a sister and Nan has saved it all these 29 years. I am honored that she entrusted it to our daughter. 
It is very girly and dainty. It also looks like it could have been made yesterday. It is in great shape.

So aside from adding a maternity picture on the wall, the room is really finished. No more!

Please pray for us. We need perseverance and grace when labor comes. I have talked a big talk and I don't want all that fear to come back when labor hits. We also have a 100mile drive to the hospital. I always thought the ambulance would take me but... we are about out of time for that. I do believe this will go quickly. I also ask that you pray if The Lord is against the vbac that she will present breech. I have been praying this for a long time, we certainly know the odds are in the breech favor. 

Also, her name isn't a B. Woah! I can't wait to tell people. It will be the most meaningful name yet and it suits her so well. I am excited!







1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that everything has been so smooth with Baby Girl! The room looks so great!

    ReplyDelete