Well I recently returned from a long weekend in Dallas. As you may know I have 5 childhood friends that committed to getting together once a year. Last year we met at our high school reunion so it was a little different. This year we met in Dallas and had a blast.







Is also nice to be around people who really know you. Since moving to ND I have tried to bite my tongue more. One of my friends noticed this and they made a plot to get me worked up and it worked. They ended up just laughing at me saying "Becky is always right!", not bc I am but I just think I am.



A lot of people asked me what we did and here it is.
We ATE

This is Cafe Brazil, a coffee bar on Greenville. These are my delicious fish tacos.

This is a delicious Chinese family style restaurant in the middle of nowhere. It was AMAZING! If you don't know, there is NO good Chinese food in my town. I always try to eat it when I leave.

This year we let some husbands tag along bc their wives were pregnant. They were pretty much invisible, but we let them come out for Chinese and Braums.

So, we ATE and SHOPPED!

Hooray for H&M, so cheap. My boys were so happy to get some new superhero shirts. Side note, I bought these pants in Dickinson at Penny's and hadn't worked up the courage to wear them in ND. I fit right in with Dallas though, lol. My friends also questioned as to why we had to take this pic. IDk, I just get excited when I see this store!

This is Buffalo Exchange, a quirky consigners dream. I did buy a new Easter outfit here. Last year in the name of reducing (7) I didn't buy a new Easter dress. I regressed this year, lol.
We did a lot of consignment shopping, my fav way. You get way more, and way better. I learned that I love shopping for my friends just as much as I love shopping for myself.
We also made time for lots of talking, games, and pedicures.

I loved this time away. It's so good for me to go somewhere where I am not a mom. I love motherhood, but I don't want it to suck up my identity. It's also good to be known. My friends and I are so different! They all have careers and only one has a kid. We may differ on gun control, babywise, Obama, homemaking, Dave Ramsey, and other issues but its irrelevant. We have 19 years of bonding under our belt and our differences are going to break us up. That was a really good thing for me to see.
How refreshing to just be made fun of for your flaws! I love these women and they love me. We have done a lot of cool things together and a lot of stupid things together! I had such a fun time.
Anyways, the boys survived without me. They were all sick. I am married to an amazing man. I still can't believe he chose me. He is the best! Seriously though.

I also weaned Benny, tear. It's a good thing though. Apparently my milk was full of kale from juicing. Sorry if that grosses you out. It almost made my friends barf, lol.

okay, it's so weird for me to see pics of you, my friend from T-town, with pics of my Veritas friend. My worlds collide! I know you guys are buddies, but it totally took me off guard!
ReplyDeleteglad ya'll had a great weekend!
Your fish tacos are making me drool. We need a restaurant here that makes those. Your purple pants are awesome. I don't have the guts, but you can totally rock those here.
ReplyDelete