I love the New Year. Brian and I just celebrated our 7th New Years Day together. It's been long enough that we have created our own traditions. We always cook a turkey and we always make our general financial plan for the year. You know you are a super nerd when you look forward to making the yearly budget!




I have come to realize that I am a goal oriented person, and that's okay. There is nothing wrong with having a plan and its easier to follow when you write it down or share it. I doubt you are interested in our 2013 budget, or maybe you are lol, but I do want to share my resolutions.
#1. Do the dishes more often. I hate doing the dishes, but I am the dishwasher and they can stand to be washed a bit quicker and a bit more often!
#2. Finish reading the Bible. Since I was a teenager I have tried many attempts at reading straight through the Bible. I have quit every time, except this time. I started in 2012 and I am not stopping until I am done. I don't care if it is December, I WILL read the ENTIRE book. I have been a believer for WAY too long to have never done this.
#3. Exercise. One of the 2012 resolutions was to run a 5k. It was awesome. Brian and I ran the Rt 66 5k in Tulsa with Lee and Leah and we had a blast.

Not only was it fun, but my body felt so much better because of the training. I love running. No one can get me. I dont have to wipe any bottoms or get anyone water or pick up toys. I am all alone and free for that short amount of time.

We haven't exercised a bit since the pre-Thanksgiving race...l and I can feel it. So, I want to feel better and get my heart rate up.

I think our times were like Lee 32:03, Brian 29:45, and myself 26:45? I don't know, I am bad with numbers. I hope we do it again!
#4. Slow down on the Dr. Pepper.
#5. Memorize two verses a month, bc if you don't plan it, it doesn't happen. Memorizing is not an accident, unless it's a Taylor Swift or JB song and then you wonder how ever did I learn these words?
#6. And there's one more, but it's not really blog material but greatly beneficial!
So these are pretty general here.... More, less, slow down, but that's okay. They are down and although I am certain only 1 reader can hold me accountable to all of the above, I am going to try! Happy New Year

Good resolutions, Becky! I think somehow posting them on the internet makes you feel even more obligated to do them :)
ReplyDelete