Tuesday, September 25, 2012

North Dakota

North Dakota

It's been three years here. Three birthdays celebrated here for Baker. Three anniversaries celebrated here for us. One baby born here. Two homes. One church. We are about to begin our 4th fall/winter. It is crazy to think about. It's officially the longest place we have ever lived. 

We just returned from a trip to see family. We love our family dearly 
and miss them of course, but it's amazing how much North Dakota has grown in our hearts. Not just for the people but for the land itself. We love the wide open spaces


 We love the lack of people. It's almost overwhelming to go back OKC or Tulsa  and just see people everywhere! We don't miss traffic. We love the small town life and the slow pace of things. 

I love the endless farm land filled with wheat, sunflowers, and canola.  


We love the grass, no shoes necessary when you are going in the backyard.


 I love how the women have influenced me. Teaching me that I can plant a garden and have it grow. I can make my own baked good like cinammon rolls, cake, muffins, and maybe even bread. I love that now I mop my floor on my hands and knees because they insist that it's better that way. I love that they have big families who rarely leave the area. 

I love Tuesday evenings at music in the park. It's the best view in town.



Of course we love the badlands. An easy way to spend an adventurous, spontaneous afternoon.


 I love that we met the Govenor walking around after the 4th of July parade.


I think the old saying "home is where you make it" is true. (I mean, I think its an old saying and not just a quote from "Joe Dirt"). We have our places we like to go, things we like to do each year, and restaurants we frequent. Its the life we have built over the last 3years and I am thankful. I know I dis you sometimes ND but I love you very much!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Becky!!! Glad to hear ND has a place in your heart and now you see why we love it here so much! I love all the same things you talked about. I love you! Wish we were doing all those fun things together.

    ReplyDelete