So..... we have no idea what the gender of our child is. Somehow, I have convinced myself that it is a girl. Why I am not sure. I am basically going off faith to answered prayer. Yes, I realized not all prayers are answered but I am still hoping.
So... if it is a girl I have realized that I DO NOT want to be unprepared at the hospital. Thus, I have been collecting necessary items to survive the first 3 days. I have 2 headbands and a hat, a sleeper, and some very precious booties. For whatever reason, I decided to step it up a notch this week.
As you can see, I have been making things. You can see the nursery letters that I made- wow, very impressed with myself. Most crafts, well all really, do not turn out how I anticipate but I am satisfied with the letters. The baby will have the same initials no matter the gender so I can just re-cover them if necessary.
Then...I thought I would go ahead and make a onsie. I really wanted to make a gown but I am going to have to order some. Walmart only had this and although it looks REALLY BAD close up, it will suffice for now.
Last is the blanket, my favorite. It was pretty easy to whip up and I am pleased with the colors and fabric and all.
As for things I have made that have nothing to do with the baby... see below. This bag is so not as cool as the tutorial I read on Ashley Ann's blog. I made one for a friend who is getting married and it actually turned out worse. Poor Brian, he is a perfectionist and he wants to encourage me in these things but I can always see on his face that... well, I have a ways to go. He never says anything like I did a mediocre job, but his initial reaction usually shares it. We have had some good laughs together as he tries to pretend that he didn't just make the face he did. We have been married long enough that he can't hide it and I am not so sensitive that I can't handle it. He has been very kind and encouraging even though I don't deserve it. He was genuinely impressed with the letters and I think he will be impressed with the blanket. Anyhow, cute bag, but don't look closely and certainly don't compare to the picture I was aiming for.
Also, the biscuits were a hit. I have slowly begun weening us off completely processed food. We grate our own cheese instead of buying pre-grated (b/c that is what Pioneer Woman says to do), we only make homemade buttermilk pancakes, and we usually have homemade tortillas. This week I tried buttermilk biscuits. I have tried other recipes several times none of which my husband preferred to Pillsbury in a can. This time we succeeded. My parents have always been into homemade biscuits and I can finally join them. They were AWESOME. So, buttermilk is now a staple and breakfast is a lot cheaper!
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment