Monday, August 22, 2011

Well, for our 2 and 3yr old boys, hiking is one of their favorite pastimes. We have been hiking a lot lately and this time I was sure to drag the camera along. Each time we go the boys become more confident and independent in their skills. The big phrase for Baker is "you didn't know I could do that?" No, Baker, we had no idea you could scale walls without your Spidey costume.


After the food thing on Saturday we went to the Killdeer Mountains. We had done this hike our first weekend in town and it was quite rough. I am guessing that was b/c it was November and it was with a 5 month old and a 21 month old. Ouch, what were we thinking? This time was much better. The boys DID NOT WANT HELP. Beau especially. If he saw Baker climb it on his own then dang it- he could do it to. He is def becoming more independent or perhaps just prideful. Anyways, they say it is a 1/2 mile hike to the top and well, we went up and down in 2 hours, so I would like it say it is longer than a 1/2 mile each way.


I tried to incorporate as many action photos as I could here. I really hope you can see their independent, conquer all spirits. We couldn't stop until we were at the absolute top. Then Baker wanted to try 2 more mountains and we were like- NO, one is enough for today. Plus, as you can imagine, going down is not always the easiest part. We did have to do some carrying there.


We all had a lot of fun. I think Brian was most surprised that I could do it is so well with the belly and all. It can get in the way sometimes. It was a nice cool day though, so that helped. We are sure to never over exert me.... since we saw where that can lead.



Anyways, just really wanted to share this (especially with our parents). I know they would have all loved to see them. We always tell Baker how proud they would be of him that he can hike so well. It is extra incentive.









.

1 comment:

  1. Love the view in the last photo! Worth the climb, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete