So this museum was AWESOME as Baker would say. Both the boys had a blast as well as myself. It was great for for a 15 month old, a 2 1/2 year old, and for a 26 year old but I think the peak age would have been 9. I would have eaten this place up as a little girl. My favorite part was called "Our World". They had a mini everything. Baker drove a bus, shopped for groceries, cooked dinner at a cafe, played in a rock band, delivered the mail, played Dr. He loved each station. They also had a water area, a rooftop sandbox with a jungle gym, and a place to water paint. They had a nature exhibit and a seasons exhibit. They had a "Wizard of Oz" area. You can see in one pic that the boys climbed up in a woodpecker's den. They just ate this place up. Three hours of pure fun. It was great to watch. You don't realize how much your children learn about life from you until you see them role play, but then again, I guess that is the point. So, if you go to Minneapolis then you HAVE to go to this museum. It is a direct flight from Tulsa and you don't need a car to get around.
After the museum we headed to Nickelodeon land in the Mall of America. The boys had a blast here too. As Brian said, "we have a bunch of adrenaline junkies". This place is centered in the mall so you can see from almost everywhere you go. Somehow we convinced Baker to ride the log ride with us and Nan. It was a blast. He did ask to get out after the first drop but he stayed in and didn't cry at all. I was so proud of him. I have a lot of memories on the log ride with my family and so does Brian . It was really special for us to ride with Baker. Then the boys rode the ferris wheel and I of course thought of Addison, she would have loved it. You know, we still don't have cable so the boys didn't recognize any of the characters. There was a life size Diego walking around and other people, but they only know Barney and Sesame Street, and prob Super Why characters. Anyways you can see that we rode the blue's clues ride and the boys drove big rigs and they even went on a train. We had to "chaperone" ride on most of the rides but that was okay. By the last ride Baker finally got the hang of waving to Nan and Papa as he rode by. It was cute.
Needless to say we had a grand time. I will share more if I can. Thanks for coming with us Lee and Rita. I hope I get to go back to the twin cities soon!
Children's museums are the best. I always had just as good a time as my kid and loved those little grocery stores!
ReplyDelete