Tuesday, June 22, 2010

generally speaking






Wow, I have totally been slacking on the blog. I apologize to my "working" friends who have tabbed me on their favorites only to find nothing new.

Since it has been so long, I will just do a general update.

So all this has happened since my last blog:
- Brian's family came up to ND. Our first visitors! We were very happy ad I think they had a great stay. I was nervous to play hostess but I think it went over very well. I have learned a lot since first becoming a Homemaker.

-Beau turned 1! We had a great first birthday party with our friends here and family and it was really nice. Much improved from Baker's birthday in Dickinson.

- We had Beau's baby dedication at church. We like a our church a lot. They are going to let us start a community group in the fall and I am very excited. I need some ministry outlet for my time.

- We have become adventurous. We added baby seats to the back of our bikes and we have been exploring all over. I love it. I need to get out and have some exercise and this is fun. I will get a pic soon.

- I am still a sinner. My capacity for sin ever ceases to amaze me. I have decided it will be a constant struggle throughout life to keep things in order. Just b/c you have it together today doesn't guarantee anything for tomorrow! Dang it!And while we are on the subject, I am still a Dr. Pepper addict. I hid them in my house and I have not been refrigerating them to see if that stops me from drinking them, um No, i just went to the gas station and purchased a cold one for $1.49. I think I will just put this fight on the back burner.

-Since the Lord has given me no specific revelation-which could be due to my lack of listening skills- I am carrying on with trying to love and help others, beside the three people in my immediate family that I basically keep alive. Just simple things like making food and babysitting and talking to strangers. It really helps add purpose to the mundane of diapers and highchairs. I like it!

-Brian's brother is her in ND rough necking. He is coming home(to our house) today so we will see how that is. He will be here for 14days until he goes back to work.

-And we were in Oklahoma for a while on business. It was hot. I don't like being hot but I do like my family and friends. I seriously think I am going to have no problem carrying on life long friendships with certain people. This isn't as hard as I thought it might be. Soon, we will have to make a trip to OKC and Norman. We keep passing over there and I am sorry, soon we will see you. Frankly there were more people I wanted to see but it was just so hot I didn't leave the house. Seriously, Baker and I get agitated very quickly when we are sweaty. I will have to use another blog for our time i Wford b/c I have some funny things to say.

All in all, we are happy we are in ND. The summer is awesome up here and we are enjoying our small town life. I was sad to leave my family, which surprised me but we have had very sweet time together and I am appreciative of that. I am sure one day we will return to the heat of Oklahoma but for now living in ND will do more than just suffice.

And, i almost forgot the most important thing ECLIPSE IS COMING OUT IN 8 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not even going to pretend that I am not counting down. This is seriously exciting and I will we going to the movies Wednesday night (Lord willing). Brian will not go to the midnight showing but I forgive him. So we are hopefully going to go with some of our other grown up friends and LOVE IT!

3 comments:

  1. CAN'T WAIT FOR ECLIPSE!! 100% counting down the days! : )
    Loved seeing you and getting a Becky squeeze. we have to visit at some point w/o kiddos so we can get more talking in. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey chick,

    I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the playdate. I will call soon when Emma isn't crying in the background or when Addison stops saying "I have to pee pee in the potty NOW" every five seconds:) Miss you! So glad you had a great time visiting. And, um, are those flowers in your front yard? You are becoming quite the domestic diva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Becky. You're a "twilighter"... what are you people called?! :) I love it!

    Sounds like you've had busy life!

    ReplyDelete